Unique Accommodation near Mt Warning
We provide luxury Bed and Breakfast Accommodation
in a magnificent Castle overlooking the lush Tweed Valley.
90 Bonny Doon Road, Uki, NSW 2484
We offer our guests a
'Renaissance Experience'which touches the senses.
- Beauty - through the pleasure of aesthetic art.
- Interesting conversations - to stimulate the mind and interest.
- Grandeur - through the majestic castle architecture of stone and heavy timber, built to pleasing artistic proportions.
- Northern Rivers Regional Tourism Award for Unique Accommodation 2004
- Featured on 'The Great Outdoors' 2003
- Featured on 'Saturday Afternoon' 2006
- Featured on 'Sydney Weekender' 2008
Meet professional artists Robert Pope, Robert Todonai and Irene Brown in this modern Castle surrounded by beautiful artwork, magnificent castle architecture, sculptured gardens and glorious views of Mount Warning.
- Located in the Tweed Valley fifteen minutes from Murwillumbah.
- Local fresh produce, award winning coffee and homemade gourmet jams enhance our scrumptious hot and cold buffet breakfast.
- Choose to participate in one of our residential art or cookery classes or just come for a relaxing weekend in our bed and breakfast.
Step into our creative world and enjoy the experience.
90 Bonny Doon Road, Uki
Northern NSW 2484
Internationally acclaimed artists, Robert Pope and Robert Todonai, and Irene Brown, invite you to experience their world of the New Renaissance. Their magnificent stone castle, courtyards and artwork all reflect the ambiance of the 14th Century Italian Renaissance.
Set in the beautiful Tweed Valley at Uki, the views are dominated by majestic Mount Warning and its surrounding gentle, misty mountains. Relax in these peaceful surroundings lulled by the sound of the birds and the gently blowing breeze.
Things to see and do
- Mount Warning World Heritage National Park is one of the few remaining rain forests in Australia.
- The peak of Mount Warning is where the morning sun first touches Australia.
- There are many walking tracks, swimming holes and picnic areas around this region.
- At sunrise see an abundant variety of beautiful birds. At nightfall native marsupials roam.
- Mt Warning, for a rainforest walk at Lyrebird Lookout.
- Quaint historical villages near the meandering Tweed River.
- Secluded coastal beaches are half an hour away.
- Join a river cruise or catch your own mud crab and enjoy!
Places to See
- Crystal Creek Miniature Stud Farm
- Visit artists in their studios
- Wonderful scenic drives
- Tropical Fruit World
- World Heritage Rainforest Centre
- Murwillumbah Golf Course
- Tweed River Regional Art Gallery
- Stokers Siding Pottery
- Curious Arts Gallery
- Uki arts and craft shops
- The Crystal Castle
- Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary
It is our desire to make your stay
With that in mind we aim to give you
quality and added extras.
- Comfort with quality linen and towels
- Mountain and forest views
- Tea and coffee making facilities, with award winning local tea and coffee
- Fresh flowers in the room.
- CD music system
- TV and DVDs
- Hot and cold buffet breakfast with fresh fruit from the area and gourmet homemade jams
- Breakfast in the indoor garden
- Dinner under the stars (optional extra)
- Massage and aroma therapy can be arranged (optional)
- Airport transport can be arranged
Learn to paint a landscape in an Impressionist style.
Hong Kong style Cantonese food.
Learn to cook fried rice the Chinese way, stew Chinese muchrooms and steam fish with ginger and shallots.
Enjoy the food for lunch.
- Guided tour with commentary about Uki and Mt Warning , Spiritual Mountain of the Aboriginals and New Agers.
- Experience the energy of this sacred mountain at Lyre Bird Lookout.
- Meditate on a rock next to a gentle waterfall surrounded by rainforest.
- Swim in the cool energised water of MT Warning Swimming hole.
- Enjoy a revitalising meal at Uki.
- Walking tour of Uki to see the local crafts and colony of bats.
- Have a healing session or reading by one of our famous healers and psychics (optional)
- We can organise personalised guided tours for the duration of your stay.
"What an absolutely wonderful experience. Thank you for the hospitality, the beautiful meals, the stunning views, the scintillating conversations and the thoughtful touches in the beautifully appointed room. Would love to come back again."
P & S Griffin. Golf Coast, 20 June 2010
"Thank you so much for your warm hospitality and (as promised) very interesting conversation! We have had a wonderful time and hope to be back."
S&N Walker. South Australia. 12 Sept 2010
"We came from Brisbane for a relaxing weekend, surrounded by native- but we got this and so much more! We leave with great impressions, we have learnt, we are amazed and we truly believe that this weekend was extremely meaningful! We will meet again."
S & V Fuchs. 14.June 2010
"Wonderful place only topped by the warmth and generosity of our hosts, Irene and Robert."
M Harvey. Tasmania, 18 April 2010
We are fifteen minutes from Murwillumbah, five minutes from Uki Village and 45 minutes from Coolangatta Airport.
$170 per couple
Queen size bed with en suite and views of rolling hills and forests.
$165 per couple.
King size bed with en suite and views of rolling hills and forests.
Art classes with professional artist Robert Todonai.
One night accommodation, breakfast, meals and 6 hours tuition fee with art materials. $420 per couple.
Chinese cooking classes with Irene Tai.
One night accommodation, breakfast, meals and 4 hours tuition fee.
$380 per couple.
One night accommodation, breakfast, morning tea, lunch at Uki Cafe.
Six hour guided tour of Mount Warning and Uki Village.
Dinner under the stars at the Castle Courtyard $40 pp(optional)
$380 per couple for one night.
Note: prices may be subject to change